Firmware update basically bricked the instrument 1


#1

just got my instrument 1. fired it up and got the firmware update prompt. it failed to complete repeatedly. now the instrument 1 strumming pads don’t do anything. no amount of restarting or trying to get the firmware to update fixes this. and the firmware simply won’t complete the update/restart loop.

super crappy way to start my time with this instrument. any thoughts? help? thx.


#2

Hi Jeff,

Please contact support@artiphon.com and we will get you back up and running quickly.
I am sorry to hear that this happened and going through our official support support system will make sure that we can take care of this as fast as possible.

Thanks,

Arne


#3

This happened to me as well. The firmware eventually finished and restarted the I1. I have noticed some latency, and strick sensitivity issues. When I pluck the finger triggers, finger bass style, the lower string above will sound just from the light resting finger touch from the strick through of the trigger below it. I thought I had read that this would not happen and that in fact the strick through to the lower string (trigger) or resting a finger for an anchor will mute that string. But instead the string will sound. I tried adjusting the method sensitivity but I cannot tell that any sensitivity change is happening, it all reacts the same.


#4

Yes, method sensitivity adjusts the velocity of the note triggered, not the threshold at which it’s triggered at all. (This is fairly standard; it’s the same with ROLI Blocks.) But the firmware update shouldn’t have made any difference to this; I’d suggest opening a support ticket with support@artiphon.com so they can go through some steps with you to figure out what’s going on.